UUCB is proud of its new building and in addition to being a busy congregation we welcome community groups into our space for meetings, presentations, concerts and other events. Depending on availability, the church building and smaller spaces are available for rental.
The facility is fully handicap accessible and we maintain our commitment to being a welcoming community and operating sustainably; we are a Green Sanctuary certified by the Unitarian Universalist Association. Rental fees are based on the rooms used and the time required based on units of 4-5 hour blocks. Rates are scaled for nonprofit use and/or money making activity.
We will do everything we can to make your use of our space convenient and comfortable. We ask that users respect the facility and follow the building use guidelines as described in UUCB Facility Rental Notes and in the Rental Agreement Contract. To preview the basic fee structure please refer to the Facility Rental Rates page. Wedding rentals must also follow the requirements stated in the church’s Wedding Policy.
Steps to Reserve Space for Your Event
- Review UUCB Rental information below and our Facility Use Policy to determine suitability
- Check the Rentals Calendar to preview availability for your target date(s) in the Room or space you would like to use
- Call or email the Church Administrator to indicate your interest and get a closer look at available dates
- Meet with a representative of the Rental Committee to look at space, fees, dates and to begin the contract process
- Rental Agreement Form and return it to the office with payment or deposit
- Details and follow-up will depend on specifics of the rental use
Rooms/Spaces Available for Rental (see floor plan for room location)
- Sanctuary & Fellowship Hall: Ideal for concerts, recitals, public presentations, benefit meals, weddings, memorial services or other large gatherings. Chair and table arrangements are flexible. Seating for 250 or table arrangements for 175 are possible. Use of the May Sarton Room is included with rental of the Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall; use of the kitchen, AV system and piano are available for an additional fee.
- Merrymeeting Bay Room-A: The best choice for meetings and gatherings of up to 25. Tables and chairs, whiteboard are included in the rental. With the moveable wall closed, this is our largest single meeting room.
- Pennell Wing: Rental of the Pennell Wing (our entire Religious Education classroom area) includes the expanded Merrymeeting Bay Room with the moveable wall open and three smaller classrooms if needed. This area is suitable for seated groups of up to 50.
- Whole Building Rentals: For large functions, the Sanctuary and Pennell Wing may be rented as an entire unit.