We, the Congregation of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Brunswick, believing in the value of beloved community, affirm that we will:
- Respect one another and support the work of the Congregation.
- Listen respectfully to one another.
- Celebrate and encourage diversity.
- Be present to one another and attend to one another’s needs.
- Dream boldly; act with courage and integrity.
- Give generously of our time, energy, talent, and money.
- Encourage the spiritual journeys of all our generations.
- Bring conscience, compassion, and kindness into our interactions and our search for justice.
- Take responsibility for ourselves and our actions and for upholding the values and aspirations or our covenant.
We created our congregational covenant in a workshop conducted by former District Executive, the Rev. Mary Higgins, on October 15, 2012. At a congregational meeting on November 6, 2012, we formally voted to adopt the covenant.