Ending Inequality: What you can do now!
As UUCB builds momentum to work on our vision of ending inequality, here are some things that you can do – both as an individual and in groups with others of like mind.
- Participate in one of our UUCB study groups as a group member. Here is a list of study groups and topics and contact information for focus group facilitators. ((LINK THIS TO THE “END INEQUALITY STUDY GROUP PAGE).
- Volunteer with the UUCB Working for Justice committee. Contact Cathey Cyrus, 207-443-1256, or email email@example.com
- Give voice to UU Values in the public arena with the Maine Unitarian Universalist State Advocacy Network (MUUSAN): MUUSAN.org or email MUUSAN@augustauu.org
- Volunteer for Fair Wage Maine (https://www.mainepeoplesalliance.org/fairwagemaine)
- Read books concerning inequality in the UUCB library.
- Volunteer for one of the “Charities with Soul” that UUCB supports through weekly collection plate cash contributions. Talk to Cathey Cyrus or Lynn Ellis from the Working for Justice Committee to learn what our current Charities with Soul are.